I'm so sorry everyone...life has been beyond chaotic since Thanksgiving. But I'm back!
Thanksgiving went great. The food was delicious, we had awesome company and lots to be thankful for. My parents, brother, sister-in-law, Tidd kids, Kelsey and 2 fur nephews all celebrated Thanksgiving with us. It was a house full, but it made me so happy to be surrounded by my family. And I love that we had a daughter to spend Thanksgiving with (even if she was going through a growth spurt that week)! My mom and Kelsey went shopping at midnight and the Cutlip's headed to bed. We had an early morning on Black Friday. I scheduled pictures for us. A co-worker took them for us and they turned out pretty good. After pictures, turkey sandwiches and a nap, we did a little shopping. But the most exciting part of Black Friday is the WVU vs. sPitt game. Harper experienced her first Backyard Brawl. She fell asleep during the game, but couldn't sleep long with her Uncle Matt screaming at the TV.
On Saturday, we decorated the house for Christmas. In typical Cutlip fashion, the tree is entirely too big for the room, but we love it.
Sunday we recooped from the busy holiday weekend. And prepared for a full week of work.
Last week was busy as usual. I had a fundraiser, Harper had her big 4 month appointment aka shots, and Will left town for 2 weeks! :(
This week has been even crazier. I had 4 fundraisers, interviewed/hired a new babysitter, still being a single mommy and running (sort of) a household. I have had my hands full to say the least.
Will is gone for two weeks for military duty. He was supposed to go 2 days after Harper was born, but obviously that didn't work out. So December was when they made him go, not the most ideal time, but such is life. We spent the days leading up to his departure decorating, cleaning and interviewing potential babysitters for Harper. We tried to get Harper to roll over while Will was still home, but she wasn't having that at all. So 2 hours after Will walked out the door, Harper rolled over for the first time! Once she started, she hasn't stopped. It's adorable. I know some may be wondering why we are firing Kelsey...she needs to finish college. So it's a bittersweet situation, she will be missed so much but education is priority. Harper loves "Nanny McPhee" so much and she has been my lifesaver while Will is gone and pretty much everyday, so life will be much different after she leaves. I'm not sure who Will will pick on once she leaves!
We did hire a new babysitter with help from my boss. He knew of someone looking to babysit for some extra cash. So it worked out perfectly. Harper will be going to her house to hang out with her 4 kids! She is a very nice lady and her kids are wonderful. I feel confident Harper will be very happy with her.
Last but not least, Trooper is very depressed his Daddy is gone again. He didn't take the deployment well at all, and he is quickly falling into that same depression. Leave it to MY dog to have issues!
I will post pictures in the next couple of posts, I just don't have time to do it right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment