DONE PUMPING!
Words cannot describe just how excited I am about this! It was a spur of the moment decision yesterday (July 1st).
Harper is down to having only 1-2 bottles a day (morning and night) and I have about 3 months of milk stored up in my deep freezer...so I thought "why not"! So she will still get 100% breastmilk in her bottle, but it will just be from our deep freezer, not freshly pumped. I've had a couple of moments of sadness, but all-in-all, it's a HUGE relief. I feel like I own my body again. I plan to keep it that way for awhile. The thought of pumping again for another baby wears me out just thinking about it. Let's hope #2 decides to latch on and I won't even have to get my pump out the first 3 months.
So this also means...this momma is going to tie one on at the beach in September! :)
I have alot to update everyone on, but I couldn't resist this post. It's something I've been looking forward to posting for the past 11.5 months!
I can't wait to tell you about our (me, Harper and Aunt Maggie) trip to visit Aunt Kristin and Uncle Mike in New Jersey for her 30th birthday!
I also have all kinds of cute pictures of Harper swimming in her pool. Her friend Micah came over and played with her.
AND...Harper is {thisclose} to walking. I orginally was hoping before her 1st birthday party, but I'm thinking it might close to her actual 1st birthday. Which her Daddy took off work that day so we can enjoy every second with Harper.
One more thing...if you haven't RSVP'd to Harper's party...you better do so quickly! You can text, call or email me! I hope we see you there! It's going to be awesome weekend (yes, I said weekend) of celebrating Harper's first year of life and mine and Will's first year of parenthood!
Last but not least....I'm sending our thoughts and prayers from Ashburn to the state of WV. The storm on Friday night has caused so much damage. I hear things are getting better!
No comments:
Post a Comment