Wednesday, October 12, 2011

First 2.5 months!

3 days after giving birth, it was time to bring Miss Harper home to meet her brother and see her home. My brother (her Uncle Matt) played photographer and snapped tons of photos of her journey home. Thanks Uncle Matt! We pulled into our house and were welcomed by balloons, posters, neighbors, my mom and her Aunt, cousins and brother. Everyone was so excited to meet her, she says she was excited, but she slept right through it.

We snapped more pictures of her and her cousins. Trooper investigated her to try to figure out what the heck she was. He still thinks she is a puppy. He has no clue. After the intial meet and greets, I was EXHAUSTED! And my ankles and legs were beginning to look like tree stumps-the lovely side effects of a c-section. I decided I was going to take a nap while I could. Of course Harper joined me. And Will and Matt played playstation all evening. It was a great evening, it was nice to be surrounded by family. Harper is a lucky girl.

I think I forgot to mention that Harper shares a birthay with her Aunt Kara. Poor Kara didn't get much attention on her birthday, but hopefully some day Harper will make it up to her.

Back to the first 2.5 months...

I was off work for a total of 9 weeks. The fastest 9 weeks of my life. We packed in as much as we could in those 9 weeks. Two trips to WV, Emma's 2nd birthday party, another surgery for me, a broken tooth for Will, Mountaineer football game, Harper's first cold, first set of shots and meeting all of her "aunties"! I could barely wait to get Harper back to WV to meet all of her extended family and experience WV for herself. Her Grammy and Grandy hosted a cookout at their house for everyone to come and meet Harper. She was able to meet all of her grandparents, Aunt and Uncles, some of her great Aunt and Uncle's, 2nd cousins and tons of my friends. It was a successful trip. She was such a good baby. I think it meant she loves WV!

She also made it to her first WV football game. And it was a HOT one! And of course WVU beat Marshall. She had a blast. She hung out alot with her cousins that game.

After the WVU football game, I began having more gallbladder problems of course, so you guessed it, another surgery for me! Which meant Grammy had to come stay with us for a week. We are forever gratful for her help. We love her so much!

A few weeks after my surgery, we were watching another WVU football game and eating lunch and Will broke his front tooth again. He had to get that repaired ASAP.

And Harper also had a visit from her "Auntie" K.Hart and "K.Mom". She was a good girl of course. She was excited to put a face to the name. She already loves K.Hart like I do!

My last week of maternity leave we had Harper's 2 month checkup. It confirmed just how tiny she is. She weighed a whopping 10lbs 11oz and 21.5 inches long. She was in the 40th percentile for weight and 10th percentile for height! And of course having those Cutlip genes-her head was in the 75th percentile!! But the 2 month check-up also meant her first set of shots. Ugh, it was HORRIBLE! Poor thing, but I know it's for the best.

I know I'm leaving out a ton of stuff from her first 2.5 months, but I'm just trying to hit the highlights and get caught up.

No comments:

Post a Comment