We planned to leave town around 1:00pm on Friday. Sounds easy right?! Not when you are a Cutlip! We had to stop and get gas and go "shopping" in the gas station. Typical Cutlip thing to do apparently!
Once we all got loaded back into the truck, I realized I forgot my wedding bands at the house. I bet you are wondering why I even had my wedding bands off in the first place. One of the great things that has happened since having Harper is a major weight loss-almost 50 pounds! Which means my wedding bands don't fit anymore. But I still try to wear them as often as possible because they are to pretty (and expensive) not too. So we turned around and picked them up.
We (re)pulled out of the house at 1:50pm. We decided since it was the perfect fall day, we would take the more scenic route, which doesn't necessarily add more time, just prettier. Things went smoothly until we decided it was time to stop at our half-way point and feed Miss Harper and gas up. This took about 20 minutes. As we were sitting there playing with Harper we kept hearing emergency sirens. But it never even dawned on us that it could effect our trip. We loaded back up and got on the entrance ramp of the interstate . IT WAS BACKED UP FOR MILES! We couldn't even get on the interestate.
Miss Blue eyes playing in the car!
Waiting in traffic!
On Saturday Grammy, Harper and I all shopped until we literally dropped. I'm talking we were exhausted by the end of the day. But we had a GREAT time. It's so nice to be able to go shopping with my mom. Those are the days I miss living near my parents. When Will got back from his military duty, we headed over to his Dad's house. Harper hung out with her grandparents, uncle's and cousins. She was exhausted that night. So exhausted, she slept through the night. Only woke up to eat, then woke up for the day at 10am.
I woke up Sunday to Harper and Grandy watching Cocktail. One of my all time favorite movies and one of Grandy's (well and mine) all time favorite soundtracks! It was a sweet sight.
"Just having breakfast and watching Cocktail with Grandy!"
Sunday was the much anticipated picture day. We had shopped and bought the PERFECT outfits and accessories. She was going to look adorable. Well, apparently, she was still exhausted and the one little detail she forgot to pack was a smile. She was so grumpy! I have never seen Harper so grumpy! But the photographer assured me he got fabulous pictures. I'm just hoping for one good one at least.
We didn't get back on the road until 6pm. And it was a late and long drive home. We walked through the door at midnight-after I was in the yard puking! Apparently I get car sick now that I'm a mom! Who would have thought?!
Will and I both made it to work today, but not without bags under our eyes! I'm looking forward to going home and cuddling with my sweet baby girl and waiting on her daddy to come home! And maybe unpacking too!
I promise I will remember to bring my camera to work tomorrow so I can upload some photos on here.
More pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment