Harper weighed in at 19lbs 2oz and 28.5 inches short :)
That puts her in the 50th percentile in weight, 25th percentile in height and 60th percentile in head size. Which is just perfect for her. She has stayed in the same percentiles for the entire year-which is what they like to see. And like I ALWAYS mention, I'm always a nervous wreck about her growth, but this doctor said I have nothing to worry about.
I went ahead and okay'd 3 vaccines at this appointment-chicken pox, first half of the flu vaccine, and another one I can't remember (all I know is she has had it before). She has to go back in a month to receive the second half of the flu vaccine and I will go ahead and get the MMR vaccine while I'm there. That is the biggie, but it has to be done. I'm not worried about the link with autism (I don't believe there is a link), just hate having to watch her get shots!
Also, I have been having a terrible time with her pediatrician's office. If you would have asked me 2 weeks ago if I liked that office I would have told you I HATED that office. Looking back, I wasn't happy after my very first visit there. So I have been teetering on switching offices. I pay them too much not to be 100% satisfied and happy. I went as far as shopping around other offices. After talking to the ER doctor last week, I decided to give this office one more chance, and I'm so glad I did. I found a doctor that I LOVE. She took all the time in the world to answer questions and was very okay with me delaying the MMR vaccine. She was so polite, easy to talk to and just made me feel so comfortable. Now, that could be because I'm now known at that office since I've spoken to the office manager several times...oops! Either way, I have made my next appointment with this same doctor and I actually don't dread going back to see her. I'm happy, finally!
The doctor told us Harper needs to be the next Gerber baby (this is, I mean isn't why I liked this doctor so much :)). As we were going through the list of the Harper's developmental milestones the doctor noticed Harper was "advanced" in her speech. Harper is on track for the amount of understandable words she is saying, but she is advanced in mimicking the sounds of words or phrases. She tries to mimic everything that comes out of our mouths, especially "I love you" and "all done". Now, just so we are on the same page, I'm not saying this to try to be a "one upper", I'm saying this out of pride. My daughter has never been advanced in anything! :) She is always "right on track" or "normal"! So imagine my excitement when she said she was advanced...which I will need to remind myself to read this blog post in about ten years when I get a note sent home from Harper's teacher saying she is talking too much in class...I guess I will just tell the teacher she is advanced! :)
I will leave you with two adorable pictures I snapped while at the doctor this morning.
Beating on the window in the office trying to get out before her 3 shots
The love of my life
I'm guessing we are just going to hunker down this weekend and let Harper recuperate from the shots. It takes her a few days to recuperate. I have thank you notes to write, a house to clean and a baby to snuggle!
PS-My daughter does wear clothes (occasionally)! I know a lot of pictures I post on here involve only a diaper, but I promise she does where clothes and cute ones at that! She just had to strip down for the appointment this morning. She actually wore an adorable little seersucker number to the doctor today...you can see it in the top picture. Most of the time in the evenings, she gets undressed before she eats dinner because it ends up a being such a mess!
No comments:
Post a Comment