Monday, August 13, 2012

I live for days like this

Seriously, life was so boring before Harper. Will and I thought we had it all. Huh, yeah right! Yeah, sometimes we miss "sleeping in", but 9 times out of 10 we like getting up early and having a cup o'joe while Harper plays with her toys.

This Saturday was no different. Harper woke up at exactly 7:30am. I got her out of her bed and gave her some "morning lovins'" and we went downstairs while Daddy slept in. I made a cup of coffee and she played and snacked on cheerios. Harper and I decided we should surprise Daddy and Trooper, so we went out and got donuts.

Harper LOVED donuts. A girl after her Mommy and Grandy's heart.

After she played and ate, she went down for a long nap. And Will and I got ready. Since the weather was a bit cooler...upper 80's....we decided to head to DC for the day. I packed Harper's lunch box and sippy cups and off to DC we went.

First stop..."We The Pizza". It's a pizza place on the Hill that is owned by Spike from Top Chef. It's a WONDERFUL pizza place that we always frequent when we go to the Hill together. We sat outside and people watched. Harper was an absolute angel. She LOVED pizza. Something else she had never had before Saturday. After we finished our slices, we went next door (Good Stuff Eatery...also owned by Spike) and picked up milkshakes. They are famous, and understandably so! Harper and I enjoyed our Oreo shake.
Staying nice and hydrated

Will wanted to stop by the WWII Memorial, so we headed that way. We let Harper dip her toes in the water for a few minutes...she loved it.
We ended up walking over to the Washington Monument and relaxing on the Mall. We spread out a blanket and let Harper walk around while we watched. She had a BLAST.

Harper and Daddy 
Harper walking around the Mall

When we got home Harper was exhausted. We gave her a quick bath and put her to bed. She was OUT in no time. It's a blurry picture of a monitor, but you can see just how tired she was by the way she was laying. 

It was an unforgettable Saturday with lots of wonderful memories made. We are lucky to live where we live and have this in our backyard.

PS-Harper is walking about 50% of the time. If she needs to get somewhere fast (ie. the kitchen) she will crawl. She is getting so big and fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment