Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Convention

I'm getting all political on you...so beware...you have been warned!

I stayed up a little later than normal last night watching the Republican convention. Which kind of surprises me for a couple of reasons. First, even though I work in politics, I'm so over politics. I just pay attention to what I need to know for work purposes. Secondly, I'm not a huge fan of Mitt Romney. So, when I found myself glued to the convention I was shocked. But in my eyes, I will be happy with anyone but Obama winning this election. It's my opinion and you can't change that! :)

I'm not sure if it's because I'm not the biggest fan of Romney or if I really didn't like her speech, but I don't think Ann Romney did a GREAT job, I think she did an okay job. I was bored. It reminded me of a speech she would give in her church or something. It was awkward at times. And, I will just point out the obvious...the song they chose to play when Mitt walked out to congratulate Ann wasn't the best choice. Yes, I know I'm picking on the Romney's but when all is said and done, he will get my vote. But this brings me to another point...

Chris Christie was awesome last night. (Even if he is from New Jersey...poor guy!) I'm obviously very unenthusiastic about the Republican party right now, but Christie was fun to listen to and watch. Just what I needed. Yes, people are complaining about him not mentioning Romney for the first 17 minutes of his speech, maybe that is why I like it so much! :) Romney is so boring and unrelatable to me, but Christie just has "it". He is fun, relatable and energizing. So, "they" got it right last night, I'm glad Christie was the keynote speaker. It made me excited about November and to kick ass and take names later. Ultimately, America needs a change and I do like Romney's track record on several issues. I hope he has a chance to prove it!

Okay I will get off my soapbox now.

On to Cutlip Chaos news...I've got nothing. It's been pretty boring this week. Same ol', same ol'. Tonight I'm watching our neighbors little boy for an hour or so. Harper loves to play with him, so it will be fun. I need to start cleaning my house...it's never ending. I refuse to come home from vacation to a disaster of a house. I also need to start packing things. I have a mental list of everything that needs to be packed. And I have Harper's ELEVEN bathing suits laid out. But honestly, that is as far as I've gotten. I picked up a bathing suit yesterday on my lunch break. That wasn't depressing or anything. I contemplated shelling out $146 for a Miracle suit that makes you look 10 pounds thinner instantly. But let's be honest, I have more than 10 pounds to loose. Unless that thing makes you look 50 pounds lighter, it's not worth it.


I can't keep Harper still for more than a minute these days. I caught her relaxing and eating Cheerios yesterday. She was watching FoxNews.

 Harper was being a wee bit needy last night and only wanted me to hold her. It was because she was hungry. So instead of trying not to step on her while she stood at my feet whining or sat her on the counter and stay scared she will fall off or even grab a knife or something, I put her in the sink while I prepared dinner. She loved it! She stayed in there while I cooked the entire dinner. She just sat in there and chit chatted. Seriously, she is that awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment