Thursday, January 26, 2012

6 Months of Harper



Harper,
Happy 6 months baby girl! You are such a delight to be around. Mommy and Daddy just can't imagine life without you. You are the apple of our eyes. We are so lucky and blessed to be your parents, I hope you feel the same about us some day.

Six months have passed so quickly. People weren't joking when they said life moves so quickly. But like I always say "time flies when you are having fun".

Here are a few stats. I want to type them out so I can look back some day and remember the different milestones!

6 month check-up
15 pounds 7 oz (25-50th percentile)
25 inches long (10-25th percentile)
16 3/4 head measurement (50th percentile)

You are still our little peanut, but great things come in small packages! The doctor said you are just perfect and developmentally on target for everything. She was just telling us stuff we already knew! :)

You fell asleep while waiting on your shots, so waking up to a nurse and mommy holding you down to get shots wasn't pleasant. You screamed at the top of your lungs, but it was over once I picked you up.

- You are now taking 6 ounces of breastmilk in a bottle and take 5 bottles a day.
- You sit up like a big girl, but I still put a pillow behind you for when you get tired. You are still mastering that skill.
- You start your bedtime routine at 8pm EVERY.SINGLE.NIGHT. You LOVE your routine. You go to bed VERY easy for us. We realize we are very lucky. Although, I'm beginning to realize you much prefer your bed to any pack-n-play.
- You sleep from 8ish to 4:30am. You take a bottle and sleep until we wake you up at 7am.
- We try to make you take 2 good naps a day. It's debatable if it really happens.
- Your first tooth starting popping through the day you turned 6 months! It's the cutest tooth I have ever seen! :) The doctor even said it was cute today.
- You just started last night deciding you may want to check out what crawling is all about. You are NO WHERE close to crawling, but you started feeling out the position. But why crawl when you can roll wherever you want to go? Because you sure do!
- You are grabbing for everything. You have even reached for mommy! It's an amazing feeling.
- You are still a talker. Everytime we go to the grocery store you talk while we go up and down the aisles. And you talk the most when you are trying to fall asleep. Your voice is so sweet. Daddy and I always wondered what your voice would sound like, and it hasn't disappointed!
- Last but certaintly not least....YOU HATE BABY FOOD! Like throw your head back and scream! It's like nothing I have ever seen before. The doctor told me to just keep trying and you will eventually come around. Although the doctor and I agreed, my breastmilk must be pretty dang good.

I'm sure I'm missing so much, because you are constantly learning and showing off new skills everyday. But girl, we have come a long way in 6 months! I'm so very lucky to have such a healthy little girl. We love you to the moon and back!

PS-Harper, Will and I took the elevator up to the doctor's office. In the elevator was a lady with a baby in a baby condo....I mean a stroller. I noticed how thin and cute the mom looked but the baby was so tiny. I immediately thought, "wow, she dropped the baby weight fast!". So I ask the Mom if she cared if I just looked at the baby. I oohed and awed over the TINY baby. I noticed he had ointment on his eyes. So I just thought we was coming in for his first checkup. I asked the Mom how old the baby was and she said two months! I was shocked. I told her how handsome her little boy was (which he was a little heartbreaker). She mentioned he was born early. I then noticed machinery in his stroller, like something to help him breathe. I asked how early he was and she said he was born 4 weeks early. The elevator then opened up and we went about her days.
As I sat there with Harper in my arms in the waiting room I realized just how lucky I really am. She was born 5 weeks early and is healthy as an ox. Not a problem has risen cause she was born early. I realize the baby probably had other problems while he was in his mommy's belly, but I can't help but realize just how blessed I really am.

Harper, you have taught me so much in 6 short months. But most importantly, you have taught me what love truely means! For that, thank you...

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet post! I'm in tears :) I can't wait to get down there to see her again and hear her too! Miss and love you guys lots! xoxo

    ReplyDelete