Last week was crazy! I was afraid I was going to get fired from my job...seriously...sorta!
Monday, Will had off work so was able to keep Harper for the day. <---- which this is so ironic to me. I work with/for federal government and I don't have the day off. Whatever, I'm just a wee bit bitter about it!
Anyway, Tuesday morning we wake up and are ready for our weekly routine. I head to the babysitter's house and notice the house is dark. Something in my head thought something was "up", but I told myself not to worry about it as I stood on the front porch. Our babysitter opens the front door with a confused look on her face. She said she tried to call me (which I know she did, but I swear I never go it!) to tell me that her youngest daughter has RSV. I immediately start panicking. I call work and tell them I can't come into work and let them know what is going on.
Wednesday - I asked our wonderful neighbor to watch Harper. She was fabulous. She has a 2 year old herself, so Harper was in hog heaven. I was able to get a normal work day in!
Thursday - Will's normal day off, but NOOOOOOO, Will had to drive 2 hours south to a court case. Oh, are you wondering why?! Just a reckless driving speeding ticket!!! So I had to take Harper into work with me so I could get things done. Unfortuntely, members of Congress actually do work and they weren't willing to wait for my husband to get back from court. Harper was a complete angel at work and I enjoyed having her around.
Friday - work as usual. THANK GOD!
We did leave for WV Friday after work. Will had military duty and my cousin had a baby shower for her little boy arriving in March. Harper enjoyed meeting and visiting with all of her relatives. And she was a very good girl. It was a very short weekend. Those WV weekends really wear all of us out! And poor Harper's schedule is shot, which makes for a very confused baby. But we got back on track last night.
That sums last week. It was crazy!
No comments:
Post a Comment