Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Back on the wagon

I've hopped back on the blog wagon. I fell off when my camera cord went missing. I can't use that as an excuse any longer. I will just post my iPhone pictures.

We have had a lot of changes over the past few weeks.

Let me start by saying...Harper is growing and developing by leeps and bounds. It's amazing to me. I have said it before, but I will say it again, I'm constantly worrying about Harper's development. I worry because she was born early. But I have zero reason to worry. I have been told by doctors, therapists, friends and family. She is absolutely perfect. She is VERY laid back, but that makes her even more perfect in my eyes.

She has said good bye to pureed foods (finally!) and hello big people foods. She eats better than ever. The only thing she will not eat is still bananas. She gets it honestly, her daddy hates them too. Her very favorite things right now are avocado chunks, grilled chicken, CHEESE, mac and cheese and beans. But all in all, she eats like a champ, but very messy!!!

She has also finally switched over to whole milk. What a relief! I'm only pumping two times a day and she gets whole milk in her sippy cup throughout the day. So, that means she gets two bottles a day...morning and night! Not too shabby! Still doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to stopping pumping, but it's very managable at this point. And I still have a deep freezer of frozen breastmilk! I hate to toot my own horn, but I'm so dang proud of myself for sticking with pumping!

Harper is crawling around like it's her J-O-B! She is fast and into everything. She is walking along our furniture and pulling up on anything and everything. And I mean everything. She still hasn't figured out how to climb the stairs, but I'm sure it will be soon enough. She has started standing unassisted and walking with our help. But I will honestly tell you, it will be a slight miracle if she is walking by her 1st birthday. She has no interest at all.


Dinner last night. She ate all of that plus seconds and thirds...

Ate everything but her oranges...but she later finished those off too

 Dinner time over the weekend. It gets very messy!
She had her first Kid's Meal. Brought a tear to my eye. Grilled chicken nuggets and fruit.
But I have to admit, if you take the toy back you get ice cream. Harper enjoyed a little ice cream too!

Naked baby! Her favorite way to cruise around the house. Diaper changing is getting to be a big hassle. We literally have to wrestle her.

Lastly, her first birthday invitation went out this week :) and I already got my first RSVP! I can't believe it's already been a year. Time really has moved entirely too fast! 


No comments:

Post a Comment