Harper desperately needed a new pair of shoes and we just wanted to get out of the house.
First on the agenda....measuring Harper's feet at the shoe store. She is a whopping size 2.5! For those of you not familiar with kid's sizes..that is equivalent to 0-6 months. She has tiny little feet.
Waiting to be measured...PS, we went to Stride Rite at one of our local malls and had terrible service...I will NEVER AGAIN go there.
We ended up buying her PediPeds from Nordstrom (they were over 50% off!) and we put them on her immediately...she loved them of course!
She played with her shoes all weekend...she thought we bought her a new toy.
Sunday, Will had to work. I felt so bad he had to work on his first Father's Day. But that's okay, he didn't miss out on much. Harper slept in big time though! I can't remember the last time I woke up before Harper on a weekend. I was able to shower and pump before she woke up. It was a weird feeling. I was afraid something was wrong with her. But when she did wake up, she helped me with laundry. She loves being Mommy's little helper.
Working on her chores
Harper has a new trick. One of many actually. She has learned she can feed Trooper from her high chair. On Saturday morning as Will and I sat at the kitchen table eating breakfast with Harper, she said the word "DOG" plain as day and gave Trooper food. She laughed and kept doing it. Trooper LOVES this trick. He thinks it's brilliant. As soon as Harper is in the high chair, Trooper isn't far away. He "mans his position". Sunday morning she wanted to share her pancakes with Trooper again. She thought it was hilarious. And Trooper was surprisingly gentle...really gentle.
Look at that smile!
And he was patient
I feel like I need to mention that Harper doesn't shut up. She literally talks from sunrise to sunset. The only time she isn't chatting is when she is asleep. Of course, it's all in her own Harper language. But it's so funny because it sounds like she is having a conversation with you. She will respond to anything you ask her. And we have started noticing her getting bossy. She mostly bosses Trooper around. She let's him have it at least three times a day. And because of that, Trooper has quite a bit more grey. I'm super sad about that!
Will requested his favorite dinner for Father's Day...Stouffer's lasagna. Ewww....but anything for my baby's daddy. And it's easy for me to make and easy clean up...it's a win/win.
Never mind the easy clean up...Harper made a holy mess. She had her first taste of lasagna and loved it. But when she was done, she thought it would be a good idea to finger paint with the red sauce. IT.WAS.EVERYWHERE. We call her Balliver Shag Nasty because she is always so messy. The girl is always a hot mess. But it was so much fun watching her. Even though I was panicking over the mess. Will had to pick her straight up from the high chair and put her in the bath.
Before the finger painting with red sauce.
I hope everyone had a good Father's Day weekend. This weekend Harper and I are heading North for a girl's weekend and a 30th birthday! I won't name names, but I can tell you...it's not mine! :)
Yay for PediPeds, they are the best!!! Yay for Nordstrom shoe dept (I love it there, very kid friendly, crayons, coloring pages, and free balloons) and I LOVE the Nordstrom women's lounge. Happy Father's Day to Will, hope you enjoyed your lasagna.
ReplyDelete