Tuesday, April 10, 2012

April 10, 2010

On this day two years ago my life changed. I became Mrs. William Cutlip.

That weekend was the best weekend of my life. We were surrounded by so much love.

I remember waking up on the Saturday, April 10th and just so excited that my wedding day was finally here. I laid in bed an extra few minutes and heard someone walking towards my bedroom door. It was Trish. She climbed in bed with me and we chatted and giggled about life. We reminisced about college and dreamed about the future. She hurried me out of bed so we could go to Piggly Wiggly and get champagne for the day.

We woke up the other girls staying with me and told them to get their shoes, we are going to the store. It was like old times. They were able to take my wedding nerves completely away.

When we returned, it was time to start getting ready. The hair stylist had arrived. Everyone took their turn and we giggled the whole time. Joked about the wedding night and what life will be like the next couple of years. We tried to guess who was going to have a little too much to drink that night (I'm not sure who won that competition...but it was either Blake or Maggie).

I vividly remember my wedding flowers showing up at the house. I remember thinking they were the prettiest flowers I had ever seen. And they were and still are. We all took pictures of the flowers and ooohhh'd and aww'd over them.

It was finally time to put on my dress. It took a village to dress me. Everyone chipped in to tie the back up. I remember feeling so pretty.

Off to the wedding location! My wedding planner met me at the front door and showed me around. I was stunned at just how beautiful MY WEDDING was! I was so happy. She rushed me upstairs so Will couldn't see me. But I was able to catch a glimpse of him. He looked so handsome.

We took some pictures with the bridesmaids. And watched the guests stroll in. My excitement was building. I was so ready to walk down that aisle and become Mrs. William Cutlip. And was more ready to start the party to celebrate us!

It was finally time. I just couldn't wait for Will to see me as a bride. I remember not being too emotional, just excited. But for the first time, my emotions came over me as I saw everyone had travelled such a long distance to celebrate us. It was an amazing feeling that I still remember. I remember realizing just how blessed I was.

My Dad walked me down the aisle. He handed me off to Will and we began our life together.

After our short and sweet ceremony. The party began! That reception was amazing. Perfect for me and Will to start our lives together.

It's hard to believe that two years has already passed. It seems like just yesterday in my head. So much has changed since that Saturday, April 10th. Not only have I become Mrs. William Cutlip, but I"m now a Momma. I've had friends get married, have babies and move away in that time. Alot has happened.

But if I ever have a bad day, I just go to my happy place...April 10, 2010 in Isle of Palms, SC. I will spend the day today going my happy place and dreaming of that day.

Happy 2nd Anniversary Will! I love you to the moon and back. I can't wait to see what the future holds. I see more babies, big moves and happy times.

I love you!

Megan



No comments:

Post a Comment