So last weekend, we loaded up and headed to West Virginia for Will's military duty. Harper and I laid low while we were there. Harper soaked up Grandy and Grammy time, visited her Mimi and Poppy Bill, and when I say visited I mean played poker! :) We also visited Grammy's work and met all her friends. Harper was a ham of course.
Playing poker with Mimi
We also ordered her ADORABLE birthday cake. I ordered it from Paula Vega Bakery in Huntington, WV and they were amazing to work with. I totally suggest using them for your next cake need.
Harper also had a "play date" with her cousin Caleb. Who is absolutely adorable! And got to see Aunt, Uncle Rich, Uncle Thug and Aunt Lane.
And the trip to WV also meant Trooper got to come home! We had left him WV so he could have a little vacation. WV to Trooper is like the Carribbean to me. It's his heaven. Fenced in back yard, a constant companion named Ryder, Grammy home all day, everyday and helping Grandy with work outside. He loves it there. So we let him stay every once and awhile. Besides, it's hard work being a big brother! :)
When we got home, he didn't miss a beat...exhibit A...
Last week brought of ton of changes in Harper. I keep saying, it's like she woke up when she turned 9 months old and decided to grow up! Everything honestly happened over night. I am CONSTANTLY worried about her developement. I think I tend to worry because she was born 5 weeks early and I had lots of medicine while I was pregnant...so I'm always afraid it has effected her developement. I can't tell you how many times I have googled "developmental milestones at _____months". I have even called her doctor and made appointments to review her developement and each time, the doctor says, "she is perfect, don't worry". Easier said than done. So, when she showed no interest in crawling, I started googling. I googled "average age for baby to crawl" and time and time again 9 months would be the answer. Harper woke up on her 9 month birthday and sure enough she crawled...seriously! I also worried about her holding her own bottle. She showed no interest in doing that. She will hold her own sippy cup, but not bottle. She woke up on her 9 month birthday and wanted to hold her own bottle. It was the weirdest thing, but amazing. I asked the doctor about this and she said it's completely normal. (Harper views feeding time as cuddling time).
So, my baby is crawling, climbing, holding her own bottle and saying "mummmmm" when she is sad all within 2 days. My heart is exploding with pride!
Miss Priss is relaxing and holding her own bottle.
She finished her bottle and is looking for trouble.
If I'm home alone, I put her in her nap nanny to feed her while I pump. Yes, I'm STILL pumping...ugh!
Crawling around naked...it was risk...
Now that she is mobile she wants to be mobile in her crib. We are insanely lucky and are able to just lay Harper in her crib for naptime. She will lay there and not make a peep until she falls asleep. Since she has become so mobil she has decided she wants to SIT in her crib until she falls asleep. Fine by me, but poor girl. Let me just let the pictures to do the talking.
Dead asleep after falling over from sleepiness. And yes, she doesn't have any clothes on. Redneck baby at her finest.
I also introduced Harper to baby SueSue. Baby Sue Sue was my beloved baby as a child. She went everywhere with me. I thought it was time for Harper to have baby Sue Sue. She actually loved her. She would just look at her and giggle. It was the sweetest thing.
Harper and Baby Sue Sue
Last but surely not least, Harper had her 9 month check-up. She is healthy and developmentally on target :)
Doctor also confirmed she was VERY HAPPY, SECURE and laid back baby. Which makes this momma so happy. She is perfect and the doctors office just LOVE her. They remember her each and every time. They told me they have never seen baby with such pretty blue eyes and it probably helps they don't have another baby named Harper. Either way, makes us feel special.
And this picture is too cute not to post....
Harper went shopping with her daddy on Thursday after her doctor appointment and tried on Beats by Dre. She makes those things look good!
So, that is the last two weeks wrapped up in cell phone pictures. My little girl is growing up so fast.
Happy Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment