Thursday, April 12, 2012

She talks

Oh my goodness, how adorable is this picture?! I'm not sure I have ever seen anything so cute?! I know, I know...I think it's extra cute because she is my daughter.

And  look how big she looks! I can't get over just how big she is getting. She is growing up so fast. It's unbelievable.

Speaking of growing up, guess who finally said her first word? Nope, not me....Harper!

And of course, she said "Dada". And once she said it, she hasn't stopped. Last night when I picked her up from Miss Alexis' house, she looked at me and said Dada. I don't care, I'm just happy she is starting to form words.

She is starting to make all kinds of different sounds. I have alwayscalled her Chatty Cathy, but she has taken her nickname to a whole new level. She wakes up chatting and falls asleep chatting. It's absolutely adorable.

But Chatty Cathy isn't her only nickname. I sometimes call her Patty. She plays patty cake like a champ. All we have to do is say "Harper, let's patty cake" and she will start "clapping" her hands together. It melts my heart.

She also waves "bye, bye" and claps when we say "yay"! I think we have a baby genius on our hands. I kid, I kid!

We are still waiting on her to crawl. She will get up on all four's but drops to her belly and squirms like a bug. She only wants to stand up these days. Everytime I pick her up from Miss Alexis' house, she is standing up holding on to their couch. We have even started "teaching" her to walk. Really, we are just showing her the motions.

Today, Miss Harper gets to meet a good friend/ex-coworker of mine from Utah. She is in town and is excited to meet Harper. And this weekend we might get a visit from one of Harper's "Aunties".

Exciting days at the Cutlip house!

No comments:

Post a Comment