Monday, April 16, 2012

Weekend Recap

We had an awesome weekend. A weekend full of Harper!

I took off work early on Friday and the Cutlip's headed to Uniontown, PA. Will and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary last week, but we didn't celebrate. It's hard to do much when you have an eight month old at home. Especially when Mommy and Daddy work full time and want to spend every extra minute with her. So we were happy not to celebrate.

But I came up with the briliant idea to have my parents meet us in Uniontown (half way point) so they could babysit while Will and I go out to dinner. I realize this sounds ridiculous to you, but it makes for a very happy Grammy. My mom loves nothing more than to be with her grandchildren. She lives for all three of them! So it was a win-win.

We got there Friday evening. We pulled in at exactly the same time. We checked into the hotel and put on our bathing suits. Harper didn't disappoint. She loved the water. She kicked, splashed and squeeled the entire time. Mommy and Daddy got some hot tub time while we watched her swim with Grammy.

We got out of the pool and decided to get cleaned up for dinner. Will and I were going to go Boston Beanery for dinner! And Grammy and Harper were going to relax in the hotel. Will ran out and got my Mom something for dinner and I fed Harper her dinner. We bathed her and tucked her in for the night. And off we went on our date.

It didn't last long! We had dinner, ran through the drive-thru at Dairy Queen and then looked at each other and said we were exhausted. We were excited to have a full nights sleep, since Harper was with Grammy. Yeah right! This Mom couldn't sleep. I woke up every hour trying to listen for her crying. I ended up waking up and pumping to pass time. Finally at 6am, when Harper usually wakes up I text my mom to see if she was awake. Of course Harper was up and at em'!

I ran next door and fed and cuddled her. After she dosed off I hopped back in bed and slept like a baby for two hours.

We headed back on Saturday evening and relaxed once we got home. Sunday was a whole different story. Harper was a terror. Her poor top tooth is giving her so much trouble coming. She isn't sleeping well and is constantly cranky. I hope this evening is better. I warned her babysitter.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

(I will post pictures of the weekend soon, I was just too lazy to do so!)

No comments:

Post a Comment