This Mommy!
So I can't remember if I mentioned it or not, but Harper has been sort of under the weather since LAST WEDNESDAY! We thought it was just teething or allergies. She didn't seem miserable AT ALL. Just snotty and a cough here and there. Last Wednesday night she woke up in the middle of the night screaming. We thought she was just having a nightmare or her snotty nose was getting the best of her. We finally got her calmed down and she went back to sleep and slept for a long time. She woke up and acted like normal Harper with a little extra snot. We went to WV and she was fine. Played, chit chatted, etc. We could tell she was a little "off" but we again thought it was just teething. Nothing out of the ordinary.
On Tuesday I picked her up from Mrs. Alexis' and she seemed extra grumpy and feverish. The first time she has shown signs of a fever. Alexis told me she didn't get a good nap because they had a lot to do that day. So I figured she was grumpy because she was so tired. I gave her Tylenol and to bring the fever down and she went to bed just fine. She woke up on Wednesday and I could just tell she was not feeling well. So I stayed home with her for a few extra hours to let her sleep in and relax. When she woke up she was playing, giggling and chatting. I thought she seemed normal but still a touch of a fever. I took her to Mrs. Alexis thinking she would be okay. By 3:00 I got a phone call saying she is just not acting herself. So I immediately called the doctor and got an appointment at 4:00.
Baby girl has her first ear infection! :(
We went 10 months without any antibiotics, which is pretty good. But I'm still sad she is sick. I'm even more sad I didn't realize she was THAT SICK! And the stupid nurse practioner made me feel even worse for not bringing her in earlier. I'm pretty sure the office manager will be hearing from me today because I'm still upset about it.
So last night after the appointment and filling the prescription we headed home to eat dinner and cuddle. She ate just fine and cuddled with me and slept for a bit. I pumped her full of antibiotics and Tylenol. Here is a picture of her eating dinner...does this look like a sick baby?!
No..it doesn't....still cute and happy as ever. She slept through the night last night, but woke up at 5:30 and wasn't a happy camper. But at least she is home with her Daddy and has a 5 day weekend to fully recover.
Sorry for the long post...but I'm still upset I didn't realize my daughter was sick. Major Mommy Fail!

No comments:
Post a Comment