Tuesday, November 22, 2011

4 months

My sweet baby girl is 4 months old!

I just can't believe it. I've been thinking about how she is growing up so fast and it honestly makes me a little sad. I DREAD the day she doesn't want to cuddle with me. I know it's selfish! I even had a dream last night that she was a toddler and I was super sad she grew up so quickly. But in my dream she had blonde hair, so that makes me excited...haha!

I won't have her 4 months stats until her doctors appointment next week. But I'm guessing she is in the 13lb range and extra short. She is such a little peanut.

Harper is still finding her voice and talking quite a bit. Different sounds are always coming out of her mouth. Just last night we heard her girly gigle for the first time. It was the cutest thing I have ever head. She is starting to grab for toys and hold them really well. She even knows what she needs to do with her paci. If it falls out of her mouth, she grabs it and puts it back in her mouth. We have a baby genius on our hands! (just kidding!) Tummy time is still a sore subject with her. She HATES being on her tummy. Fusses the whole time. I KNOW she needs her tummy time, but it just pains me to do it. But we suffer through it ever night together. She is starting to show more interest in rolling over, but still hasn't done it. She can get to her side and then stops. We work on rolling over every night.

Harper also got a new toy. Will and I bought her an exersaucer. She likes it in small doses. She is just so tiny that I don't think she is really that comfortable in it. But we still put her in it. She also lights up when her daddy comes home from work. She is a daddy's girl.



We have her bedtime routine down to a science now. She gets a bath at 8 and tucked in bed by 8:30. It works really well for her. Unfortunately, I can't break her of the habit of sleeping her nap nanny in her crib. Yeah, I know I shouldn't do it, but she loves it. Although, she takes naps flat on her belly. She is still very unpredictable when it comes to sleeping thru the night. I know she can do it, but she just doesn't do it consistently. Most of the time she wakes up between 3 and 4am has 4 oz of milk and falls right back to sleep.

She takes about 4-5 oz of milk every four hours. Sometimes she will want even more, but not often. She is still wearing 3 month sleepers because she is so dang short. But in her clothes she wears 3-6 months.

She is still a good baby. Within the last month she has started to fight sleep. That is about the only time she cries.

She brings us so much joy. I know I have said it a thousand times, but we are beyond blessed. I honestly couldn't have imagined motherhood being this great. Let's hope the next 4 months are as great as the first 4 months.

We love you Harper Alizabeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment