Last night one of my best friends from college graced us with her presence. Miss Patricia Carol Turner.
Again, because I honestly have some of the best friends a girl could ask for, Trish came in town to visit me and meet Harper for the first time. We went out to dinner (which was honestly the best meal I've had in a very long time) and caught up with each other. We hadn't seen each other since my baby shower in May. We picked up right where we left off. Harper thought she was awesome. She smiled and giggled for Trish and was a very good girl at dinner. I just love hanging out with my friends and it makes it even better that Harper gets to meet them too.
So let me tell you how I met Trish. Where shall I begin....
My freshman year of college I joined Chi Omega. My dues where due and my Mom happened to be in town, so I took Mom over to the sorority house to pay my dues. Guess who was the treasurer at the time...yep, Miss Turner. So we knocked on her bedroom door to give her the check (at this time I was still pretty new and didn't know a whole lot of people, so I don't really remember meeting Trish before this) and she says "WHAT?!!!" and I very sofly and politely say "I need to pay my dues, can I give you a check?" and she says, "yeah, whatever". So I open her door and she is laying in bed watching TV. So my Mom asks how much she owes and Trish huffs and puffs the whole time as she looks it up. One thing leads to another and we get to talking and then say our goodbyes. As soon as we walked out my Mom and I looked at each other and said "Oh my goodness, she HAS to be Mary Ann Allen's daughter!" Mary Ann was my cheerleading coach for 3 years in high school and Trish was her clone. Ironic huh?! Over the first few weeks of school, somehow Trish and I became friends.
Trish and I ended up becoming very close friends. Trish was also the hook up in the sorority house. She was one of the only girls that had a car at the house, so her car quickly became the community car we all used. Most of the time she would take on the motherly role (even more ironic now looking back). I honestly don't think my college experience would have been the same without meeting Trish. She introduced me to some great friends and took me to Spencer, WV several times. We roomed together our last semester of college, I held her hand with her big break up with "he who shall remain nameless", we had sleep over countless times, we hitchhiked together...basically, you name it we did it.
So last night, as we were thinking back to our glory days, we realized we would argue but we never got in yelling matches with each other. Then Trish did point out that one time!
It was a football Saturday and Trish hosted a tailgate at her townhouse. She bought the keg and I provided an appetizer. We tailgated and headed to the game. Once at the game Maggie and I got seperated from the group (per usual) and ended up partying by ourselves in the Blue lot. We ended up running into an old friend from high school and invited him to Trish's house to finish off the keg. We walked back to Trish's and started drinking from the keg. Trish came flying down the stairs and asked "What are you doing?!" We again, softly and politely responded "drinking, what are you doing?" That is when Trish flew off the handle and said we need to pay for the keg (a big $5!) and we actually got into a full blown argument over $5. So me, Maggie and our friend stormed out and headed back to the Blue Lot. After the game Maggie's Dad was taking us home and we commented on how hungry we still were. We realized we still had our favorite Mexican dip at Trish's house. We were still so made at Trish that we didn't want her to have an ounce of that dip, so we were going to stop and get the dip. But we were scared...lol. So Maggie's sister's friend was in the car with us and told us to man up and just take it. So we had Maggie's dad stop at Trish's house so we could pick it up. We ran in the house, stole the dip and ran back into the car. Maggie's sister's friend then coined the phrase "repo dip".
Ironically, Trish is now BFF with Maggie's sister's friend and we still call this Mexican dip "repo dip". And after the alcohol wore off the next day, we made up and realized how funny the story actually is. And now, we think it's even funnier.
So now are you wondering about the title of this entry? Trish has so many nicknames as you can see and those are just a few.
Very long story short, I'm so thankful Trish and I found each other. We have had alot of ups and downs, I know we are in each other's lives for a reason, even if it's to tell each other how miserable we are when we both get kidney stones?! (:
Being the bad friend that I am, I didn't get a picture with her and Haper, but next time I will! So expect one in February when we head down to Charlotte for Trish's 30th BIRTHDAY! Oh my gosh, I just can't believe it!
Trish-thanks for visiting us last night. I've missed you! I sure hope Harper has "a Trish" in her life someday. That way I can teach her the saying, "It's Trish's world, we all just live in it!"
No comments:
Post a Comment