It's crazy to think that just over a year ago I was nervous to become a mommy for all of the wrong reasons. I wasn't sure I could handle the blood draws involved, labor and delivery and the sleepless nights (among alot of other things).
I remember so many people acting like all of that was not a big deal, but to me it was all so intimidating! I couldn't understand how people would quickly forgot labor and delivery? I mean how do you forget that?! Didn't it hurt like HELL? And oh my goodness, THE EPIDURAL?! Doesn't it hurt...and the catheter that came with it was super scary to me.
And the thought of needle pricks several times throughout the pregnancy was almost as scary to me. I would ask the doctor before I scheduled my next appointment if I needed my blood drawn. I would have to psych myself up for it.
And after all that was said done, I had to deal with those sleepless nights my friends refer to on Facebook. I was scared to death. I'm a sleeper...I don't hide that fact. So the thought of waking up several times in the middle of the night seemed impossible. I just knew I couldn't do it.
Here I sit almost 4 months later cracking up at myself. I'm no longer scared of needles, I quickly forgot about labor and delivery-I'm even excited my next child will be delivered via C-section. I got over my needle and surgery fears quickly after having Harper since I had two surgeries within a month and a half.
And those sleepless nights-I wouldn't trade them for the world. I love nothing more than waking up with Harper in the middle of the night and soaking up every ounce of her. The house is so quiet, she is usually so happy and wants nothing more than to cuddle and coo. Nothing is better than cuddling with her as I rock her to sleep. She lets out her last few smiles and coo's before drifting off to dreamland.
I have learned I wasn't scared of the needles, sleepless nights, etc...I just feared the unknown. So far, motherhood has taught me so much about myself. I'm so much stronger than I ever thought I could be.
And I love more than I ever thought I could love.
Life doesn't get much better.
(P.S. I actually look forward to the 4am wake-up calls from Harper. It's our special time together!...so yeah, I'm THAT mom!)
No comments:
Post a Comment